When the extended family and friends everyone wants to spend time with and give treats to the dogs. Why shouldn’t they get to have something special when everyone else is indulging. With these treats not only are they safe but they are made with love and fan favorite special ingredients to make them extra special.
Peanut Butter Apple Spice
- 1/3 cup plain pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup plain applesauce
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (no sugar or artificial sweeteners)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- Dash of cinnamon (you can add a bit more if you know your dog loves cinnamon treats)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat pumpkin puree, applesauce, peanut butter and eggs on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky you might or might not need the remaining 1/4 cup depending on the humidity level where you live.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the peanut butter apple spice dog treat dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Let your Peanut Butter Apple Spice Dog Treats cool completely before placing in an air tight container or bags for freezing.