Say hello to the perfect roasted cauliflower soup, add plenty of garlic, nutmeg and white beans. Buttered cashews help create the ultimate velvety texture while remaining dairy-free. Only 10 ingredients are required. Let us show you how it is done!
How to make roasted cauliflower soup?
This broccoli soup first roasts onions, garlic and broccoli to slightly caramelize them and add natural sweetness. Roasted garlic can also reduce its bitter taste and add more saltiness and immune support benefits.
Once golden brown, the vegetables are mixed with vegetable broth to taste, and white beans are mixed to increase satiety, fiber and protein. Adding a little nutmeg contributes to the subtle warmth and nutty composition. The mixture is then simmered to let the flavor develop.
Then everything enters the blender and becomes creamy and smooth. Mixed cashews add creaminess and richness, and lemon juice provides balance.
All that's left to do is sprinkle the optional garnish on the soup and swallow it! Parsley, red pepper flakes, pine nuts and a circle of olive oil are our favorite ingredients, and they form a colorful contrast in texture and taste.
We hope you LOVE this roasted cauliflower soup. It’s:
- & SO comforting!
Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Incredibly rich and creamy roasted broccoli soup with plenty of garlic, white beans and a little nutmeg powder. Only need 10 simple ingredients!
US Customary – Metric
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced (~3/4 cup as original recipe is written)
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 healthy pinch each sea salt & black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 (15-oz) can white beans (such as Cannellini), rinsed and drained
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or store-bought)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes
- Pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower, onion, and garlic (whole peeled) on the baking sheet. Drizzle with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to completely cover the vegetables.
- Place the baking pan in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring midway.
- When roasting vegetables, put cashew nuts in a bowl or measuring cup, pour enough boiling water to cover them, and set aside. Then rinse and drain your canned white beans.
- Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven and immediately transfer them to a large saucepan or Dutch oven. If needed, keep a few slices of cauliflower for garnish. Add the rinsed beans, vegetable broth, water and nutmeg to the pot and stir.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce slightly and simmer on medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is very soft and easily disperses when pierced with a fork.
- Turn off the heat. Carefully transfer the mixture to a high-speed blender (this is safe for hot food), then add lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Stir the soup until creamy and smooth. Pour half of the mixed soup back into the pot, drain the cashews, and add them to the remaining soup in the blender. Stir the cashews and soup until light creamy, about 1 minute. Pour the remaining soup into the pot and stir to mix the two soup mixtures together.
- Taste and adjust the flavor as needed, season with salt and pepper, or add more nutmeg to increase the nutty flavor. Garnish with your reserved cauliflower, a little parsley and red pepper flakes, pine nuts and/or a circle of olive oil (all optional) and enjoy.
- Cover leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Reheat on the stove and add dairy-free milk or broth to dilute as needed.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated using DIY vegetable soup and does not contain optional ingredients.
Nutrition (1 of 4 servings)
- Serving: 1 serving
- Calories: 294
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Protein: 12.3 g
- Fat: 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 568 mg
- Potassium: 887 mg
- Fiber: 8.1 g
- Sugar: 7 g
- Vitamin A: 2308 IU
- Vitamin C: 79.2 mg
- Calcium: 92.7 mg
- Iron: 3.7 mg